I live what I practice – spirituality.
I have been systematically engaged in the practice and theory of spirituality for the last 28 years.
Professionally I specialize in spirituality research and interreligious dialogue. I was privileged to participate at several research stays worldwide at Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research, Bossey Ecumenical Institute, and Fulbright American Studies Institute.
An extensive list of my publications includes four scholarly books:
- Self-Transcendence and Prosociality (Peter Lang, 2017)
- Sebatranscendencia: antropologický model (Dobrá kniha, 2017)
- Problém globálneho spolužitia: antropologické východisko (Veda, 2012)
- Mystická kontemplácia: Oblak nevedenia & Ramana Maharši (Iris, 2008).
I am honored to serve as the Editor-in-Chief of the international peer-reviewed journal on spirituality Spirituality Studies.
Meditation is not a thinking process, neither relaxation, not even a set of activities oriented to an outcome.
Meditation is a tool of personal transformation, self-transcendence, and a good life.
Clinical studies confirm the following scientifically validated benefits of meditation:
- Meditation decreases stress;
- Meditation reduces symptoms associated with depression, anxiety disorders, pain, and insomnia;
- Meditation enhances ability to pay attention;
- Meditation increases quality of life.
Among the psychosomatic effects of meditation are better mental and physical recovery, mobilization of creativity, and development of emotional gentleness (Vladimír Šatura).
Spiritual effects of meditation are dependent on the approaches, methods, and tools applied.
Learn how to meditate and enjoy the benefits of meditation. Master the Christian contemplative tradition of the Cloud of Unknowing.
Get the basic meditation skills, learn meditation postures, harmonious breathing, balanced meditation attitude, and selected forms & methods of meditation.
- Meditation is a complex program designed for private clients. Program is held on agreement with a client.
Get to know the model of spirituality as an inherent component of personality, learn more about practical effects of spirituality in everyday life and its modalities in transcultural perspective.
- Spirituality is an educational program designed for the general public.
- The program covers the following topics: spirituality as a component of personality, spirituality in the World religions, Christian spiritualities, classical Indian Yoga, Zen.
If you are interested in individual consultation, please contact me.